Poor Antialiasing Quality?

Discuss Simlab 3D Plugins developed for McNeel's Rhino 3D
Takenforgranted

Poor Antialiasing Quality?

Postby Takenforgranted » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:05 pm

Has anyone else noticed a reduction in the quality of antialiasing of all line work when saved to a 3D PDF using the Rhino PDF plugin? Surfaces render smoothly.

For me it is now very poor - it doesn't look as though there is any line antialiasing in effect. I don't think it's the fault of the Simlab plugin, as I've just opened a 3D PDF I made with it some years ago (and that I always remembered to be smoothly rendered in the past) and that too is very jaggy.

I've had a play around with the program-specific settings for Adobe Reader in the nvidia control panel, but they don't seem to have any effect. The PC I'm using has a Quadro K4000 GPU.

Any hints or tips to improve this?

Takenforgranted

Re: Poor Antialiasing Quality?

Postby Takenforgranted » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:56 pm

I did some more reading on this problem & think I found the solution here:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1955530

Once the security setting that's mentioned is disabled (i.e. disable Protected Mode as default behaviour), it looks as though Acrobat Reader then allows any changes to settings made in the nvidia control panel to take effect when viewing 3D PDF's. Lines are anti-aliased and any lines that have been drawn on surfaces in Rhino are shown fully and cleanly, where previously only bits of lines could be seen.

Return to “Rhino 3D Plugins”