Templates

Discuss Simlab 3D Plugins developed for McNeel's Rhino 3D
kmckenn

Templates

Postby kmckenn » Wed May 07, 2014 2:40 pm

I would like to be able to EXPORT a 3-D PDF without a template.

When the Plugin is installed, there is no template exported. I opened Settings, selected not to have the exported file automatically opened, and now I have TEMPLATE exports and I cannot find how to DISABLE Template Export.

WHERE IS IT!??

Kevin

kmckenn

Re: Templates

Postby kmckenn » Wed May 07, 2014 9:47 pm

I spent a lot of time looking for a way to "DISABLE" use of any Template (since it was not enabled by default (install)).

Ultimately, I decided to make a "Blank" Template, with all of the available sheet size as "3-D Area".

I don't know if this is "solved" or a work-around. It would be nice to have an option (check box) to toggle whether or not a/the Template should be output to the PDF.

By the way, the addition of out putting Curves and Annotations is a HUGE PLUS!!!

Kevin

SimLab

Postby SimLab » Thu May 08, 2014 1:39 pm

Kevin,

Glad you found a solution for yourself, I think we should add an empty template like the one you created by default.

Takenforgranted

Postby Takenforgranted » Sat May 24, 2014 1:01 pm

Yes, a blank template would be useful. TBH, the supplied templates are of no use to me, though they do show what's possible. Is there a tutorial available to show how to create custom templates?

On the subject of custom templates, is it possible to create a two-colour 'fade' background for the 3D area that graduates form top to bottom rather than left to right? A top to bottom fade looks more natural and would also mimic what's available within Rhino.

Return to “Rhino 3D Plugins”