How to get a simply model hierarchy?

Discuss Simlab 3D Plugins developed for McNeel's Rhino 3D

How to get a simply model hierarchy?

Postby Micha » Wed May 07, 2014 5:55 pm

I try to keep the model hierarchy simply as possible and I'm looking for a way to avoid unneeded entries. How can I avoid the "assembly.." and the "cameras" entry?

During export I selected "active view" only, but the model hierarchy entry shows a lot of camera names. Can it be avoided?

I like to send my client a PDF with versions of a model. Is there a way to export all layers like version_1, version_2, ... so that not all layer are on per default (for example version_1 on and all other off)?

ScreenShot5042.png - Visualization for Designer and Architects

Re: How to get a simply model hierarchy?

Postby Takenforgranted » Sat May 24, 2014 1:08 pm

+1 for this request. I'm working collaboratively on a large project & I'm trying (successfully, so far :) ) to promote the use of 3D PDF as a means of distributing information to team members that don't have CAD capability. When doing this, keeping the interface clean and simple is essential - it's easy to overwhelm people with no previous CAD experience by providing too many buttons/options. If it's not immediately obvious how to view and manipulate the files, then folks simply don't bother to use them.

Return to “Rhino 3D Plugins”