VR Missplaced pictures

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
OF-ID

VR Missplaced pictures

Post by OF-ID » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:32 pm

Hi everyone,
with Simlab 8 I used my Samsung HMD Odyssey for VR. Everything worked fine.
Since update to Simlab 9 I experienced missplaced pictures in the HMD.
Some help, ideas or patches?
THX

My Laptop:
Thinkpad P71
Xeon E3-1535 v6
64 GB
WIN 10 pro
nVidia Quadro P5000

VR Googles:
Samsung HMD Odyssey with controlers.

SimLab

Re: VR Missplaced pictures

Post by SimLab » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:31 am

Just to make sure , you mean the viewer location is wrong?
or textures in the scene are wrong?

OF-ID

Post by OF-ID » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:18 pm

I seem to squint in Simlab 9.0.5 Pro
If I open the same file in v8 everything is correct.
I dont mean displaced textures.

BRUNO BORIS

Post by BRUNO BORIS » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:05 am

Samsung HMD Odyssey Mixed Reality Headset really worked with Simlab VR Viewer and Steam VR.
But this unconfigured visualization. The image gets duplicated in the glasses. It seems to me that something is wrong with setting the distance of the lenses. Because everything is duplicated, as if it had been dequeued for a mixed reality viewer. But this is only with Simlab Viewer. All other applications initialized with WINDOWS MIXED REALITY PORTAL or WINDOW MIXED REALITY FOR STEAM VR work perfectly. But when I open an application in the SIMLAB VR VIEWER, the eyeglasses are unconfigured, as if everything is duplicated and far from the eye-to-eye view in the glasses, forcing the vision.
But I'm using, according to surveys, the best mixed reality glasses currently. I really don't know if it's true, but it's work perfectly with another aplications until now.

How to set up the glasses of mixed reality from samsung on SImlab? It's look like that the simlab vr viewer was not set up for the samsung mixed reality glasses. I really need to know if the simlab vr viewer works with this glasses. So far we tried everything and it was not possible to solve the problem without some guidance from SIMLAB team or anothe user that have been resolved this problem.

I think it should be just some SIMLAB VR VIEWER configuration. But I did not find any settings inside the application.
Is there any adjustment that can be made? Or within STEAM or within SIMLAB? It seems to me to be something simple. Just a matter of adjustment regarding the distance between the lenses. The Samsung Mixed Reality goggle itself has an adjustment of the distance between the lenses (it is the only one it has) but it does not seem to have enough adjustment to be able to adjust the viewing of a SIMLAB application.

If we have a place where we can adjust the projection on the glasses, in relation to the distance between the lenses of the glasses, that would certainly solve.

waniman

Post by waniman » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:17 pm

I am having the same problem with the Samsung Odyssey +. Everything works fine in de Simlab VR showroom version 2.1.4. With Simlab VR viewer 9.1.11 the pictures are missaligned, making VR usage impossible. The same files with the same viewer on the same PC work perfectly with the Lenovo Explorer.

Is there a solution yet? I basically only use VR in combination with Simlab, so the Odyssey+ would be rendered useless if don't get this to work. Please help!

waycool

Post by waycool » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:13 am

Ok, I was having the same "double vision" with my Samsung Odyssey... But I've just tested on my Lenovo Explorer and the latest version of the view is fine.