Creating a WebGL VR from Template

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
Tessla

Creating a WebGL VR from Template

Post by Tessla » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:27 am

Hi.. I have all my pano renders done, so now I am ready to make a VR, however there is no 360 template in the WebGL folder.. How do it get one..

Tesselaar..

jsaid

Re: Creating a WebGL VR from Template

Post by jsaid » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:34 am

The below video tutorial may help:

Direct link to video

Tessla

Post by Tessla » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:23 pm

Hi.. Yes, that is the video tutorial I viewed.. Its not very clear that I could use any template for the VR Grid.. Anyway, I have managed to make it using our rendered panos.

I also made a VR Tour using 3rd party VR software. In this VR, I added two 3D interactive WebGL objects...

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/VR-Cl ... sroom.html

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/Simla ... sroom.html

If I could render the pano images quicker, I think I would use the 3rd party VR software with the rendered 3D images. But at the moment, rendering time is far too slow..

I also added a Mobile/VR Headset option in the 3rd Party VR.. Not sure if it works, but I am sure Simlab would have a headset to test it. Not sure again if the 3D objects open in that mode either. We would be very interested to hear if anyone gets to view our VRs using a VR Headset..

Tesselaar...

jsaid

Post by jsaid » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:00 pm

The user is always right! Yes, we have to make it clearer. The point is that the 3D Area of any WebGL template is used for viewing 3D Content or 360 Grid images.

Tessla

Post by Tessla » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:31 pm

Jsaid, you are so wise. Of course I am always right.. :lol: :lol:

May I ask, I see that there are two options for export.. Is the 3D the standard 3D Object WebGL.. And if so, why is this GUI like this.

Tesselaar..
Attachments
360ObjectorPano.jpg

Tessla

Post by Tessla » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:50 pm

Its OK.. We worked it out.. Its due to the fact a Pano might not be needed, but rather the entire 3D object as a normal WebGL. I guess we are right again.. :lol:

Tesselaar..

Pocc

Post by Pocc » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:51 pm

Hi Tessla, did you resolve your render times? I'm in work today and thought I'd do a test 360 over lunch break, which I ran @ 8000x4000 pixels - 250 spp. I started it at 12:55pm and it took 43 minutes to run.
Thistle_Rose_583.jpg
Screenshots here of the settings I used:
render_settings1.JPG
render_settings1.JPG (38.93 KiB) Viewed 355 times
render_settings2.JPG
render_settings2.JPG (33.95 KiB) Viewed 355 times
I know it doesn't quite compare to your scene in content, but it does have interior lights and various textures to bounce. Can I ask what ray trace depths you've set? I've found that for anything other than a jewellers shop window, around 5 and 3 are sufficient. Perhaps 10 for light depth with a lot of glass prisms present and 8 for specular if a lot of metals present - but with your classroom scene, I would've thought something like 5 and 3 were sufficient.

Tessla

Post by Tessla » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:00 pm

Hi.. I see you have your Light Depth and Spectacular Depth set to 5.. In the tutorial, its says to set it to 100..

8000X4000 is a perfect size for a pano.. But I could never achieve this.. I will try again tomorrow, .. I mean next year, oh.. 2mins to go.. :shock:

Well, good bye to 2018.. Happy New Year...!!!

Tesselaar..

Tessla

Post by Tessla » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:25 am

Well, we tried a lower depth of lighting.. It still took forever so we stopped it. The image added to the folder was not very nice at all.. Far too much noises. Very gainly.. Shadows have gone nuts, despite the fact that ALL shadows from lights have been turned off.. Blown out lighting in some areas and too dark in other other areas. No wonder we had so many issues with trying to get the lighting right. It's impossible!!.. We followed the tutorial instruction to the letter.. Big question is, how come Simlab managed to achieve such beautiful HDR renderings in their VR Tour tutorial. We are not stupid with using this software, we have rendered some very nice movies. SL needs to look into this since users need it to work.. We will stick with the Fast rendering option, since that gives us quite a nice rendering.. and in tiiiiiiiime it will finish.. but no way could we do more than 5 or 6 renderings in one pano tour..

Tesselaar..
Attachments
SimLab_Camera~5~1.jpg

Tessla

Post by Tessla » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:32 am

In comparison.. Same camera view, same lighting etc, but Fast Render settings..

Interior rendering using a Mac has real issues for us..

Tesselaar.
Attachments
SimLab_Camera~5~1.jpg