camera problems

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
etxe

camera problems

Post by etxe » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:27 pm

I have problems with cameras,I go to animation menu, add a camera, move to situate it where I want, and change field of view. I make this with the view of the camera. All works fine.

But when I save the project or load another camera, the properties of the camera reset and it appears in the fist position when I created it.

What I wrong?

Thanks

jsaid

Re: camera problems

Post by jsaid » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:43 pm

@etxe,

I'd walked on your steps, and I found that everything is working normally. Although, I didn't figure out what is the purpose behind switching to Animation workbench in your case?

Anyway, I THINK that the problem is that you're misunderstanding something; maybe because it's somehow tricky. Just try to use Connect Camera and Disconnect Camera buttons before and after attempting to alter camera's view or properties. This may get you out of your misery. If so, use them wisely. :ugeek:

Best regards
Attachments
Screen-Shot-2019-01-09-at-4.23.jpg

Pocc

Post by Pocc » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:15 pm

Hi etxe,

One thing I always do that saves me confusing cameras in animation is I name one camera 'animations' and make sure that that's the camera I view through whenever setting up the animations. Otherwise it's very easy to set up through one camera and animate with another, hence you think it's reverting back to an 'old' camera.

etxe

Post by etxe » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:11 pm

Hi, I open a Project, camera is "deactivate".

I see de icon camera situation.

I press the selected camera icon and select the camera I want to move

The view change to the camera view

Then I confirm that the camera is selected like object in the left.

Then I move the view I’m seeing,

I deactivate the cameras

The camera is now where I want

Then I save the Project, file/save

Now, I select again the cámera with the icon camera select

And the view is again the last and not the new I moved, but I see the camera icon in de new position.

I close he Project, open again, and the camera is in the old position, and now the camera icon is too in the old position. Is like “The Groundhog Day”

Tessla

Post by Tessla » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:41 pm

Hi..

Set the View to your camera. Open the Animation tab.. Do you see any animation nodes..??. If you do, use your animation controller to move manually until the view is at the desired position.. Remove all other animation nodes.. Then side the single node to the beginning.. The view is now set, so remove that node too.. Then save... Do the same with any other cameras.

Tesselaar..

etxe

Post by etxe » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:24 am

Thank you for all, finally I found the problem, begining with cameras I create it from capture keyframe, I didn't see create camera in the menu. Then it create a key in animation with the position of the camera and is this why the camera always positioning in the state of the animation key.

I don't know why animation works when I was working with the project, I understanded that when I run the project the camera appear in the site of the key of animation, but when I'm designing the camera should be in the position I put.

I solved it deleting the keys in animation mode.

The same was with a cell object, I hide it to work most sweet, but when I load the project sometimes the animation execute and object appear again, I think in design mode animation not to be execute unless I go to animation mode.

Thanks