Realistic fluid drip effect...

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
Tessla

Realistic fluid drip effect...

Post by Tessla » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:31 am

Hey there..

I am experimenting with rendering different materials to create a realistic dripping liquid effects..

I feel that the Liquid Other, has the best and most real looking liquid render.. The orange, which is plastic materials, also looks nice as paint dripping perhaps.. This all started after we created a Honey Spoon and Pot.. Where we tried to add runny Honey effect..

Water materials do not look that nice to be honest. Perhaps better to try the Glass Material..

What I did, is drag/model out parts of a torus model to create a drip.. Our end aim is to have drips coming off a paint brush or a honey spoon.. Basically, 3D liquid effect..

Question. Do the renders look real?.. It would be nice to have some feedback.. Its only one drip at the moment, but that took me a bit of time with my limited skills to make.. The more I learn the quicker I will get.. Once I get it right, I would like to create a 3D 360 render.. Slow animation where the reflections might appear to give some motion to the drips..

Perhaps there is a better way to do this.. Obviously we cannot animate the liquid.. Well, we do not have the skills to do that..
Attachments
SimLab.jpg
SimLab.jpg
SimLab.jpg

OLLEC

Re: Realistic fluid drip effect...

Post by OLLEC » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:14 pm

In my opinion, the liquid on the ground looks too flat in comparison to the size of the drop. The materials themselves look good, though.

Tessla

Re: Realistic fluid drip effect...

Post by Tessla » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:29 pm

Well, that's good positive feedback.. Yes, I see what you mean.. Its really just a mock up though.. I want to create more straggly dropping drips, falling down from a paint brush.. Not so easy.. But I think the rendering textures mostly look OK.. I love the realtime rendering where I can change the environments and light. It make creating the final rendering so much quicker. It's just a visual effect I am trying to achieve.. I see so many images on the internet and TV, that are not the actual objets. They are rendered CAD models. Its easier and gives a nicer result than photography, for advertisers to showcase their products as a 3D rendering..

Thank you for your feedback.. Perhaps a smaller longer drip.. or drips.. or even paint pouring out of a bucket..

Tesselaar....