Imported Revit Model Door Pivot Issue

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
josuff36

Imported Revit Model Door Pivot Issue

Post by josuff36 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:36 pm

Hello - I'm walking through the steps to use a Revit model for VR in Simlab. I was able to import the model and start the process by placing the person. When I tried to open a door, I noticed the door and frame were one element. I right-clicked and selected 'Break Geomtry' but it gave the warning 'The selection is not breakable, howevr, the selected faces might stil be breakable. Try Break Faces instead'. I did but it appeared to have blown up the door as it was left with two faces (interior / exterior) with nothing in-between.

I assume I need to modify the door family in Revit, to create a door swing in Revit before importing it into Simlab, correct?

Joe

SimLab

Re: Imported Revit Model Door Pivot Issue

Post by SimLab » Sat May 01, 2021 3:49 pm

The main thing you need to care about is the structure of the door.

Opening the door is the easy part.
If you have good door structure you have one of two options.

Use the door tool in SimLab Composer, this is described here

Creating the animation manually, in this case if you need to move the pivot, you can use pivot tools under the move menu, or use the 4 shortcuts for showing/moving the pivot

josuff36

Post by josuff36 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:20 pm

I don't have Doors and Cabinets Animation tool as an option tp try it. I'm using Simlab Composer 10 v10.15 VR.

But, even if I want to do it manually - which is how I started the process to see how easy it was - the entire door and frame rotate, I can't isolate just the door. I did right-click on the structure to 'break geometry' but it din't work. I suspect because the door and frame are part of one family in Revit. It almost seems like I need to make changes to the door assembly family Revit, so they're two different elements or maybe set up an animation in Revit and then import it into Simlab.

firas.lash

Post by firas.lash » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:06 am

In this case try to use the "Break Faces" tool from geometry panel. If all the faces have been extracted as different models; select the ones that define the door swing and combine them.