Editing animation sequence

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
Epix3D

Editing animation sequence

Post by Epix3D » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:55 pm

I have problem editing material in the animation setup. When editing the material, -how can i change texture settings to be consistant all through the animation without change settings frame by frame as I do now? I thought I could do this with "Freeze/Unfreeze" option under object directory -but no. What is the function of freeze/unfreeze?
I also tried to use the same model, -in this case changing a drillbit to scale it to a bigger one from frame 135 throughout animation (500frames). Drillbit scales back to original size if I do not change frame by frame..??
DrillSequense135.jpg
Changing drillbit for bigger hole frame 135
If I want to add/input a sequense in the timeline how can I do this? I tried adding time and drag all the markers to the right from the input time without luck. What is the best way to do this?

SimLab

Re: Editing animation sequence

Post by SimLab » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:35 pm

Freeze, unfreeze are used to stop moving the object with daggers, this is done for example to fix an object that will be the reference of the scene, or when you allign things with respect to a wall and you do not want the wall to be moved by mistake.

Regarding the material animation, we will be glad to send you the steps, but it is easier to communicate if you can share a packed scene showing the behavior you get compared to what you want to have.

What do you mean by an input sequence?

Epix3D

Post by Epix3D » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:00 pm

What I mean is in another animation setup I forgot to put in the drill animation and want to import the drill from SketchUp and animate it after frame 100 and before frame 120. Then I have to make space and add to the total frames moving all after frame 100.
Regarding material change I picket thin glass and found out ordinary glass looked better so I changed it. I know you can change scale and texture in middle of animation setUp but how can I change it permanently through whole animation from i.e frame 100?

SimLab

Post by SimLab » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:21 pm

From the material time line at the button, locate the row for the material animation, click on its title and delete it.

Make sure to make the change to material at frame zero, so it is not understood as an animation.

If you have a small number of frames drag them in the time line, and when they are highlighted, drag them to the new location (after 20 frame)

Epix3D

Post by Epix3D » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:09 pm

Thank you: )

One more question: When I update a model the animated (active)camera views is no longer connected, -that is, -I can see the physical cameras move around in scene but not see the animation through camera lenses as before updating. How can I connect to the views again?

Tessla

Post by Tessla » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:31 am

Un-connect if any camera is connected, select desired camera and connect again....

Destiny..

Epix3D

Post by Epix3D » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:07 am

O.K Destiny, -found out how to connect a camera, -but the camera sequens I made (transitions from camera to camera) how can I get it back? Whole animation is based on that setup..

Epix3D

Post by Epix3D » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:36 pm

SimLab wrote:Freeze, unfreeze are used to stop moving the object with daggers, this is done for example to fix an object that will be the reference of the scene, or when you allign things with respect to a wall and you do not want the wall to be moved by mistake.

Regarding the material animation, we will be glad to send you the steps, but it is easier to communicate if you can share a packed scene showing the behavior you get compared to what you want to have.

What do you mean by an input sequence?
Here is the packed scene. Glass on waterLeveler changes between thin glass but should be glass. CN Main Profile has color RGB 192,192,192 + scratchmap frame 0, -but changes gradually from frame 21 and loses map frame 39.(Should be constant from 0)
When I edited size on glasspanels in SketchUp(linked) camera views was disconnected and I would like to connect the camera transitions again without erasing an set them up again. Can you show me how to make this a smooth animation..?

NB! This is not the same scene as picture above but another version.
Attachments
WallMount4.zip
(5.7 MiB) Downloaded 34 times

Tessla

Post by Tessla » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:40 am

Hi.. To be honest its a bit too much for me to understand what you are trying to achieve.. Some cameras do not seem to be pointing to anything much.. Your cameras need to be named for such a complicated animation. Cameras can easily be set to view on the timeline. You just need to move the timeline to the point and then set the cameras but in this case to be honest it would not look right. I rendered your movie using just one cameras which seemed to capture all the moving features. Not sure what else you were trying to achieve. http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/testc ... ation.html
I would suggest you try to simplify the process..

Destiny...

Epix3D

Post by Epix3D » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:51 pm

Destiny, that is just the animation I was trying to render out but in my case the camera does not seem to work. The setup was made moving along timeline, find a suitable view and Capture with camera.

Here is an earlier test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm5lxzofe88

After editing the glass in SketchUp to fit the profiles length and updating in Composer, camera was somehow disconnected, -cannot see the preview so I am curious how you could render out the animation.
This is what I get (cameras floating in positions ) How can I see through camera lens like in animation? I could before upating model..
Wallmount4.jpg
What i see on screen while playing the animation sequense (Not through camera)
Are those cameras not just the different position of views in the animation? I have not tried render out the animation after not been able to se the preview of animation. I´d like to see the preview before rendering