Classroom VR Test...

Tessla

Classroom VR Test...

Post by Tessla » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:38 am

Hi..

I rendered a 3D Classroom but had to stop it.. It took for EVER, HOURS, but the file size is just 1.4mb.. Since I stopped the rendering, the images has a lot of graininess in it. In photocopy lingo, its called noise, often when using the wrong ISO.. Not great.. The lighting is not the best ether.. Some blowout of lighting in areas.

We did not use Simlab Composer to create the VR since that has issues. So we used 3rd party software for this test. I added a VR Headset option, however we do not have a VR Headset to test it since we are using a Mac so there are so few options to use a headset. Besides, they are expensive.

Anyway.. Its only a single image VR.. Just too test.. Please let me know how you go with using a Headset if you have one..

http://tesselaar-romanoff.com/Classroom ... poser.html

Thank you...

Tesselaar..

Tessla

Re: Classroom VR Test...

Post by Tessla » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:40 pm

I have tried to improve the quality of this pano, but I cannot.. Its very strange that using other software, despite the fact I stopped the rendering process, that the pano qualty in the 3rd party software is heaps better than using Simlab Composer using the same pano image...

Using Simlab Composer is a bit of process to create a VR with no skin menu options..

First you have to render the pano, then set the first pano, then in webGL, make sure you create a new complete 2:1 since in my copy of SL there is none, then export the 360.. Well, this is as good as I can get it.. The image is not that big and there is very little zoom fact. Either someone is wrong with SL or my Mac for taking sooooo long to render a decent pano image.. Any image in a VR needs multi resolution options otherwise a big part of the immersive experience is lost.. Software like Zoomify makes a great job of creating multi resolution images from a single large image.. Real shame that Simlab Composer could not utilise image created from that software..

http://tesselaar-romanoff.com/SimlabSingleImageVR.html

Tesselaar..