Import 3D object as a sequence...

Discuss Simlab Composer released by Simlab Soft
Tessla

Import 3D object as a sequence...

Post by Tessla » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:03 am

Hi Simlab.. We have made a model talk in Poser, and we can save as a 3ds etc, but the animation is saved a sequence.. When we used Flash years ago, we could just select the first frame and Flash would know it was one of ##.. and ask if I wanted to import the entire sequence. If We can do this, we can then select the entire timeline and then create an animation to work in a VR. In this case a lip synch 3D model. When the times comes where audio can be added to a timeline, we would then have Talking Toon Characters working in VR.. or.. WebGL.. :shock: :shock: :D :D

Tesselaar..

SimLab

Re: Import 3D object as a sequence...

Post by SimLab » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:56 am

Talking charecters is not thinking we expect many users of SimLab VR training to be interested in. That is why we have other projects with high priority.

Sorry, but had to set correct expectations.

Tessla

Post by Tessla » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:04 am

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I think you might be wrong.. It's OK.. We will do something..
But not a talking GIF... thats not possible..

Tesselaar..
Attachments
MM.gif
MM.gif (3.65 MiB) Viewed 698 times

Tessla

Post by Tessla » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:57 pm

Hi Simlab.. Forget about Talking Characters, if thats what you feel is not a future features Simlab Composer needs. However please consider adding an option to import an OBJ sequence. Why??

Many 3D software apps can create flexible morphed animations, morphing will not work as a FBX file. Simlab might in the future add flexible animated options, but it will never be as complicated as some high end 3D software. Many users here have asked for an animated spring.. This could be done by importing a sequence of animated OBJ files. Or other flexible objects. After import, the user can select the animation, and then add that as Sequence Action to the object.. Imagine all the things that might be possible. Just by adding a simple option to import OBJ sequence files.. This must be a great extra to offer users who use the VR.. It should also work with WebGL and 3D PDFs.. Its users like us that are able to think outside the box.. All the suggestions we offer are all aimed at making Simlab Composer better..

Please consider this.. Sorry, I should have started this post in Future Request..

Another thing that needs urgent consideration is adding a sound track in the Animation.. Long over due!!..

Tesselaar..

Tessla

Post by Tessla » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:07 pm

Blender can import an OBJ sequence, which proves it can be done..

Tesselaar..

SimLab

Post by SimLab » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:55 pm

Importing Sequence OBJ is a very easy thing to do, but I do not think it is the right thing, each scene will be a complete object with all vertex, normal, and polygon table, the amount of memory needed for a real complex sequence of objects will be huge.

Tessla

Post by Tessla » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:20 pm

Hi..

The sequence needs to import directly into the Timeline.. If you search the internet, there are sooo many people who are asking for import sequence of obj files with the option to export as animated FBX.. Not necessarily to be used with Composer, but the feature would have value to them in other ways. I had a Moderator from Cinema 4D show me a demo of a sequence animation working. The FBX format does not support Morphing so the only way to create an animation with a soft-form is to use a sequence of obj's. Many animations have soft-form features, so having the option to import a sequence of obj's from other softer and use it in Simlab Composer would very beneficial.. I can easily import the sequence into Blender/Bforatists and Cinema 4D, however, not so easy export as an FBX animation.The Moderator showed me how to do it but it was a very complicated process. With Simlab composer, for VR, WebGL and PDF, it would not be necessary to create the FBX since we can just copy the time line and turn it into a Sequence. However, since so many people online have a need for a animated FBX, I would suggest Simlab Composer provide this option, which would provide a feature NO OHTER SOFTWARE can do with ease.. A sequence should only use the one texture. In Cinema 4D it's possible to discard multiple textures.

We realise you have a new features coming to animate soft-form, but we would still suggest the above would have a lot of value to many users and none users..

Tesselaar...